- Contact resistance : < 2 mΩ (after lifetime)
- Dielectric strength : 4 kVdc (peak)
- Insulation resistance : > 1 GΩ (after dampheat)
- Rated current per contact : 50 A audiosignal, duty cycle 50 %
- Rated voltage : 250 V (Insulation)
- Attention : speakON is not to be used as an AC mains or power supply connector!
- Cable O.D. : 6 - 10 mm
- Cable retention : ≥ 220 N (subject to cable O.D. and material)
- Lifetime : > 5000 mating cycles
- Wiresize : 1.5 - 4 mm²
- Wiresize : 16 - 12 AWG
- Wiring : screw type terminals or soldering
- Locking device : Quick Lock (latch)
- Contact plating : 4 µm Ag
- Contacts : Brass (CuZn39Pb3)
- Insert : PBTP 20 % GR
- Locking element : Zinc diecast (ZnAl4Cu1)
- Shell : PBTP 20 % GR
- Strain relief : Polyacetal (POM)
- Flammability : UL 94 HB
- Solderability : Complies with IEC 68-2-20
- Temperature range : -30 °C to +80 °C
5. Features & Benefits
- Current rating 40 A continuous, 50 A audio signal with 50% duty cycle
- Only 3 parts, easy to assemble
- High impact materials – long-lasting and reliable
- Easy and extremely precise locking system "Quick Lock"
- 1 piece strain relief, chuck for 6 to 10 mm cable O.D.
- Improved grip on latch
- Mates with 4-pole chassis connector as well and makes contact with +1/-1
2 pole cable connector, chuck type strain relief
The industry-standard for loudspeaker connections offer extremely reliable and robust cable connectors with a reliable locking system. They feature solid contacts with screw-type terminals including a stranded wire protection which offer also solder termination.